- McDonnell pleased with mean Shels defence
- Tallaght to host 2014 Setanta Sports Cup Final
- Ireland Women U17s beats Scots in friendly
- Cousins disappointed with defeat to Rovers
- Buckley hopes early season form will continue
- League of Ireland Match Official 2014 – Gameweek 7
- League of Ireland Suspensions 2014 – Gameweek 7
- In Pictures: Raheny United FC 2 - 1 Castlebar Celtic Women
- In Pictures: Galway WFC 0 - 6 Peamount Utd
- Caulfield praises 'tremendous character' of Cork players
- In Pictures: Cork City 1 - 1 Sligo Rovers
- In Pictures: Galway FC 0 - 1 Shelbourne
- The Galway Angle
- Predicting St Pats versus Shamrock Rovers
- League of Ireland Match Official 2014 – Gameweek 6
- League of Ireland Suspensions 2014 – Gameweek 6
- Gannon goal makes Guardian's list
- Airtricity League Live - Gameweek 6 - Monday
SLIGO Rovers have expressed their disappointment after Tallaght Stadium was chosen over The Showgrounds to host The 2014 Setanta Sports ...... Read more
Limerick FC finally got their first League win of the season after a scrappy 1-0 win over a lacklustre Bohemian ... Read more...
Bray Wanderers recorded only their second win of the season as they comfortably defeated Drogheda United 2-0 at United Park. Read more...
A controversial penalty was the difference between Shamrock Rovers and St. Patrick's Athletic as the Saints won out 1-0 on ... Read more...
- League Report: Bray Wanderers 0 - 0 Derry City
Bray Wanderers will feel that it was two points dropped rather than a point gained as they huffed and puffed but failed to blow Derry City down. In the end chances from Ismahil Akinade and Graham Kelly were not converted as the Seagulls secured their ninth league point of the 2014 SSE Airtricity League season.
- League Preview: Shelbourne -v- Cobh Ramblers
Shelbourne have gotten off to a great start in this year’s Airtricity First Division as they look for a return to the Premier at the first time of asking. Tonight they host Cobh Ramblers in Tolka Park, knowing they have a four point advantage at the top of the table.
- League Preview: Limerick -v- Athlone Town
Tom Clancy previews Limerick FC game versus Athlone Town in the Airtricity League Premier Division
- League Preview: Wexford Youths -v- Galway FC
Wexford Youths host Galway FC in the SSE Airtricity First Division at Ferrycarraig Park on Friday night, kick off 8pm.
- League Preview: Dundalk -v- Shamrock Rovers
For the second time in as many weeks, the Oriel Park surface is at the centre of attention ahead of an important league clash. This time round, Shamrock Rovers boss Trevor Croly caused a wave of controversy by accusing Dundalk of gaining an unfair advantage during their Setanta Cup Semi-Final second leg clash at Oriel Park on Monday night. Croly maintains that the Lilywhites watered only the Shamrock Rovers end of the pitch during the half time break, meaning that the ball would move faster and in turn aid the home side’s attacks. Stephen Kenny responded unequivocally by stating that he had no knowledge of such actions by the Oriel Park ground staff.
- League Preview: Sligo Rovers -v- UCD
With only seven games gone so far this season, Sligo Rovers find themselves already 11 points behind the leaders Dundalk and have their work cut out to reduce that gap. The Bit O’Red will be hoping Friday’s game against UCD in the Showgrounds will kick-start that task (Kick-off 7.45pm).
- League Preview: St. Patrick's Athletic -v- Bohemians
Josh Dolan previews the league clash between St Pat's and Bohemians
- League Preview: Waterford United -v- Shamrock Rovers B
Waterford United complete their first quarter of fixtures in this season’s First Division with the visit of Shamrock Rovers’ B team to the RSC on Friday (kick off 7.45pm).
- League Preview: Bray Wanderers -v- Derry City
Bray are all set to welcome Derry City to the Carlisle Grounds on Friday evening for a Good Friday game that carries a 5pm kick off time.
- League Preview: Cork City -v- Drogheda United
Cork City will look to get back to winning ways on Friday night, as they welcome Drogheda United to Turner’s Cross.
Shelbourne brought their unbeaten record to Deacy Park on Friday night and even they will be astonished that they came ... Read more...
A great game and late, late drama were on show for the 4,035 fans who visited Turner’s Cross on Friday ... Read more...
Below is the Premier Division Top Scorer List 2014 after Gameweek 4. If you spot a mistake, you can contact us at extratimeLive@gmail.com or tweet us at @ExtratimeNews. We will keep this page up to date as the season progresses so bookmark it for future reference. Read more...
Below is the First Division Top Scorer List 2014 after Gameweek 4. If you spot a mistake, you can contact us at extratimeLive@gmail.com or tweet us at @ExtratimeNews. We will keep this page up to date as the season progresses so bookmark it for future reference. Read more...
The second Gameweek of the Airtricity League saw 43 cards shown across ten games. Of those, only one red was shown. Read more...
Irish footballers, just like the rest of the world, are Twitter mad. We aim to keep an up to date list on all twitter accounts associated with League of Ireland, Women's National League and Northern Irish League as well as Irish players abroad. Read more...